We do this by redistributing your budget into the things that make the biggest impact and keeping our overheads down, so we can pass those savings onto you. This often means that our services are 20-30% cheaper than those arranged by more well-known funeral brands.
When arranging a funeral through Rite of Passage Funerals, we provide you with an itemised price list so there are no hidden costs or surprises down the track, staying true to our commitment to price transparency.
Due to the bespoke nature of our services, we can’t provide you with exact prices without talking to you first, but we can tell you that the average cost of a Rite of Passage Funeral service is $8,999 – inclusive of cremation fees, location, flowers, catering for the wake, ceremony, styling and more. Note: burials are more expensive due to the cost of burial plots.
We can work with all budgets and we’re committed to educating you on the most practical places to spend your money so you can create an end-of-life event worthy of your person… without the hefty price tag.
To make this process as seamless as possible, we’ve created a simple and affordable basics package that covers the essentials. After you’ve met with one of our experienced funeral directors and know all your options, you can curate the service according to your needs and budget, adding on as you go.
1. The Essentials, $2,500
What You’ll Get
A telephone consultation to ensure we’re the right fit for you.
An information pack brimming with helpful tips and advice for planning a funeral.
Collection of your person anywhere on the Gold Coast or Sydney (please note an additional out of hours or location fee may apply).
Respectful care of your person with our professional mortuary facility partner.
A DaisyBox® cremation casket.
Completion of all the necessary paperwork including cremation certificate, death certificate paid on your behalf to BDM and more.
2. The Additions
All our additions come with an initial meeting with one of our expert funeral planners to inform you of your options and start curating the service in partnership with you. This includes:
– A fully itemised bespoke funeral concept devised with your person in mind. Our creative team consider everything from alternative venues, meaningful rituals, styling, audio/visual displays, catering and more.
– An average of 12 hours of hands-on funeral planning time, including your funeral director and staff who will attend the day of the service with an assistant.
– Ongoing advice on all aspects of the funeral and the ceremony from our experienced team.
– A personalised online announcement page so you can easily share details of the funeral with family and friends (optional).
THINGS WE CAN DO FOR YOU
– Viewing/dressing your person (at your own home or at our mortuary facility)
– Burial (from $3995 paid to burial ground)
– Casket (free bioboard casket included or additional options from $800)
– Expert celebrant
– Venue (from free public spaces like parks and beaches, to many of our other venue partners. Prices vary)
– Styling & florals
– Live steaming
– Live music
– Hearse Hire
– Urns… and much, much more